IBiSA Biophysical Chemistry Platform
The role of the SBPCP is to be at the forefront of methodological developments in Structural Biochemistry and Biophysics. At the SBPCP-IECB, molecular recognition and supramolecular assemblies are investigated from a structural and biophysical perspectives by regrouping expertises in NMR spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography (including SAXS/WAXS), molecular modeling, mass spectrometry, surface plasmon resonance and spectroscopy (absorption and circular dichroism spectroscopy).
- NMR (solid and liquid state): structure determination from small molecules to large biomolecules and assemblies (instrument access time, notably via the TGIR, routine services and collaborative projects).
- Mass spectrometry: mass measurements for verification/confirmation of compounds (instrument access time or routine services) and study of non-covalent assemblies (collaborative projects, operational since January 2013).
- Crystallogenesis and X-ray diffraction/diffusion: structure determination, high throughput crystallization, SAXS/WAXS (mainly collaborative projects, two robotic devices for crystallization in access time).
- Circular dichroism (instrument access time).
- Surface plasmon resonance: kinetics/thermodynamics of interactions (mainly collaborative projects).
- Electronic microscopy (mainly instrument access time). Molecular modeling (computer access time and collaborative projects).
Infrastructure and equipment
- High field NMR (up to 800MhZ)
- SPR, ITC, DSC, CD.
- X-ray diffraction – SAXS – automatic cristallogenesis
- Mass spectrometry (Ionic mobility)
- High resolution Electron Microscopy
- Fremaux J, Mauran L, Pulka-Ziach K, Kauffmann B, Odaert B, Guichard G. α-Peptide-Oligourea Chimeras: Stabilization of Short α-Helices by Non-Peptide Helical Foldamers. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Aug 17;54(34):9816-20.
- Chandramouli N, Ferrand Y, Lautrette G, Kauffmann B, Mackereth CD, Laguerre M, Dubreuil D, Huc I. Iterative design of a helically folded aromatic oligoamide sequence for the selective encapsulation of fructose. Nat Chem. 2015 Apr;7(4):334-41.
- Mandal PK, Collie GW, Kauffmann B, Huc I. Racemic DNA crystallography. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 Dec 22;53(52):14424-7.
- Sebaoun L, Maurizot V, Granier T, Kauffmann B, Huc I. Aromatic oligoamide β-sheet foldamers. J Am Chem Soc. 2014 Feb 5;136(5):2168-74.
- Gan Q, Ferrand Y, Bao C, Kauffmann B, Grélard A, Jiang H, Huc I. Helix-rod host-guest complexes with shuttling rates much faster than disassembly. Science. 2011 Mar 4;331(6021):1172-5
- Sanchez JF, Kauffmann B, Grélard A, Sanchez C, Trézéguet V, Huc I, Lauquin GJ. Unambiguous structure of atractyloside and carboxyatractyloside. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012 Apr 15;22(8):2973-5.
- Prof Kazushi Kinbara. Tohoku University (Solid state NMR)
- Prof Roland SIGEL. Department of Chemistry, University of Zurich MS: Mass spectrometry determination of the molecularity of NRAS RNA sequence
- Prof Zwickler Jeff U. Harvard, Boston M (Electron microscopy)
- Prof Apurba Das. Indian Institute of Technology Indore (X-ray Diffraction of peptides and SAXS on fibers)
- Prof Marcelo Guerin. Structural Glycobiology Group Leader, CSIC-UPV/EHU, Spain. SPR project on protein-ligand interactions.