Modeling tumors niche
Application for screening of new therapeutic strategy
We specialise in the study of mechanisms regulating self-renewal, proliferation and commitment of normal and leukemic stem cells. We developed methods to maintain or amplify the compartment of hematopoietic stem cells as well as the maintenance and chemoresistance of leukemic stem cells. We capitalise on the Biospherix device allowing cell culture and manipulation at low 02 levels without oxygen variations to access the stem cell compartment. We developed in parallel competencies for immunomagnetic and flow cytometry isolation of primary cells, co-culture with stromal cells and adapted media to study stem cells in physiological hypoxia.
Infrastructure and equipmentL2 cell culture laboratory, hypoxia cell culture hood, inverted fluorescence microscope
- CBL controls a tyrosine kinase network involving AXL, SYK and LYN in nilotinib-resistant chronic myeloid leukaemia.Gioia R, Trégoat C, Dumas PY, Lagarde V, Prouzet-Mauléon V, Desplat V, Sirvent A, Praloran V, Lippert E, Villacreces A, Leconet W, Robert B, Vigon I, Roche S, Mahon FX, Pasquet JM. J Pathol. 2015 May 12. doi: 10.1002/path.4561.
- Hypoxia/hypercapnia-induced adaptation maintains functional capacity of cord blood stem and progenitor cells at 4°C.Vlaski M, Negroni L, Kovacevic-Filipovic M, Guibert C, Brunet de la Grange P, Rossignol R, Chevaleyre J, Duchez P, Lafarge X, Praloran V, Schmitter JM, Ivanovic Z. J Cell Physiol. 2014 Dec;229(12):2153-65.
- Long-term repopulating hematopoietic stem cells and "side population" in human steady state peripheral blood.Brunet de la Grange P, Vlaski M, Duchez P, Chevaleyre J, Lapostolle V, Boiron JM, Praloran V, Ivanovic Z. Stem Cell Res. 2013 Jul;11(1):625-33.
- Combination of low O(2) concentration and mesenchymal stromal cells during culture of cord blood CD34(+) cells improves the maintenance and proliferative capacity of hematopoietic stem cells.Hammoud M, Vlaski M, Duchez P, Chevaleyre J, Lafarge X, Boiron JM, Praloran V, Brunet De La Grange P, Ivanovic Z. J Cell Physiol. 2012 Jun;227(6):2750-8.
- Slow-cycling/quiescence balance of hematopoietic stem cells is related to physiological gradient of oxygen.Guitart AV, Hammoud M, Dello Sbarba P, Ivanovic Z, Praloran V.Exp Hematol. 2010 Oct;38(10):847-51.
- Pr P. Sbarba, Department of Pathology and Experimental Oncology, University of Firenze, Italia
- Dr P De la Grange, Blood transfusion center, Bordeaux.
- Dr J Ripoche, U1026 BioTis, University of Bordeaux.
- Dr F Saltel, U1053 GREF, Bordeaux.
- Dr H Bœuf, U5164 CIRID, Bordeaux.