Resonance Pharma is a contract research organization (CRO) specialized in preclinical pharmacology in living animals.
Resonance Pharma is an expert in nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and spectroscopy (MRS) and develops new methodologies to characterize in vivo drug candidate pharmacology and therapeutic efficacy.
Of particular interest for cancer research, Resonance Pharma masters approaches combining MRI and arterial spin labeling (ASL). ASL is a proven technology capable of quantifying tissue blood perfusion. In oncology, tumor perfusion is a powerful indicator (biomarker) of tumor vascularization.
Resonance Pharma proposes to collaborators MRI and MRS based technologies to:
- Study the pathophysiological process of tumor angiogenesis (chemokine or kinase role),
- Describe therapeutic effects of anti-angiogenic drug candidates like Avastin®, Sutent® or Nexavar®.
Resonance Pharma offers to collaborators its expertise in the field of tumor perfusion imaging with MRI coupled with arterial spin labelling (ASL) to study:
- Tumor vascularization physiology,
- Anti-angiogenesis drug candidates.
Infrastructure and equipment
Perfusion Measuerment are done on a Bruker MRI spectrometer 4,7 Tesla equiped with:
- Isoflurane anesthesia,
- Water heating pad,
- Cardiac and respiratory monitoring.
Animals are housed in a conventional animal facility
- Quantitative, dynamic and noninvasive determination of skeletal muscle perfusion in mouse leg by NMR arterial spin-labeled imaging. Bertoldi D, Loureiro de Sousa P, Fromes Y, Wary C, Carlier PG. Magn Reson Imaging. 2008 Nov;26(9):1259-65
- Characterization of dystrophic muscle in golden retriever muscular dystrophy dogs by nuclear magnetic resonance imaging. Thibaud JL, Monnet A, Bertoldi D, Barthélémy I, Blot S, Carlier PG. Neuromuscul Disord. 2007 Jul;17(7):575-84
- Muscle blood flow and oxygenation measured by NMR imaging and spectroscopy. Carlier PG, Bertoldi D, Baligand C, Wary C, Fromes Y. NMR Biomed. 2006 Nov;19(7):954-67
- New insight into abnormal muscle vasodilatory responses in aged hypertensive rats by in vivo nuclear magnetic resonance imaging of perfusion. Bertoldi D, Parzy E, Fromes Y, Wary C, Leroy-Willig A, Carlier PG. J Vasc Res. 2006;43(2):149-56.
- In vivo functional NMR imaging of resistance artery control. Carlier PG, Bertoldi D. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005 Mar;288(3):H1028-36.
- INSERM 1029 unit: Characterization of glioblastoma perfusion in a orthopopic xenograft model and impact of bevacizumab (Avastin) treatment
- Bordeaux 1 University: Description of new orthotopic xenograft model
- CRMSB (UMR 5536): ASL sequence adaptation for angiogenesis cancer research